Sunday 9 March 2014

The road less travelled

Each journey we take in life begins with a single step.

Yet so often the first move is the hardest one to make.

The greater the challenge before us, the greater the measure of courage required. 

Faith requires us to walk blind sometimes, but we have the reassurance of God's continual Presence to lead and to guide. 

And when we're on the King of Kings' highway we are in a good place to proceed with confidence. 


'Highway'



An open road yawns wide before me
and I have a choice to make ~ hesitate,
deliberate, ignore, turn back, or face
the path ahead with anticipation
instead of mounting dread

Decide to take a stand,
move forward ~ trembling, slow,
though with a firm grip on Your hand

For only You know opportunities
arising round the bend
Only You know what happens
if I reject the path you send

So I choose to listen to Your voice
taking one step, then another,
until I can rejoice in overcoming
fears, as I finally make progress
after all these years rooted to the spot
like one petrified, half dead,
when I could have been pursuing
dreams with You instead

Although I cannot see the potholes and 
pitfalls on this path, I trust that You 
will clear the way on my behalf
And now I stand ready to make a start
knowing each step brings me
closer to Your heart
©JoyLenton2014



"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God, my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long." ~ Psalm 25:4-5



Linking here with Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays




**NOTE** The winner (chosen at random from those who commented on my last post) of a copy of 'One Thousand Gifts' by Ann Voskamp is ~ Rebekah Gilbert. Congratulations, Rebekah! A copy will be winging its way to you asap. 


2 comments: